04 June 2012

A couple of old men.

Three years old to be exact. 

The party started with some root beer.IMG_0207

And progressed on to some expertly not homemade cupcakes.  The party theme was vertical green lines.  You can see that I thought really hard about, and took a lot of time executing, my motif.  I learned it all from Amy Atlas. 

IMG_0208Brookston, the cheeser, and Everett the sweetheart.

IMG_0217Rosalyn and the Pops.

IMG_0214

I get sort of weirded out on their birthday, and all I can think about is where I would be during their labor.  I wonder when that will go away and I won’t be so focused on myself on their birthday.  The day before their birthday I was telling Brookston, “right now I would have been in pre-labor with you for about 10 hours”.  As I checked the time I informed him, “yeah, right about now three years ago my water broke” (If you’re curious, it was about 9:00 p.m.).  He looked at me with concern “your water broke?  we should fix it.”  Awesome.

Anyway, Everett ate his cake about 5 hours after his birth time and Brookston, 3 hours before his birth time.

Want to compare to last year?  Take a look. 

So here is what being three looks like for Brookston and Everett:IMG_0036Nutella mustaches. 

IMG_9868A sister sleeping with a truck on her face.

IMG_0007While you sleep without a truck on your face during ‘alone time.’

IMG_0012Play dates in Thomas the Tank Engine underwear.

IMG_0144Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with friends in Thomas the Tank Engine Underwear. 

IMG_0048IMG_0045

Weird crafts involving salty play dough and black spaghetti noodles. 

IMG_0136Painting wooden cars and keeping them in the refrigerator when you’re done with them for some reason.

IMG_0169Having baths with your friends because they were too muddy to get in the car to go home. 

IMG_0197Making up cool games like rolling out paper towel trails in the back yard when your mom is distracted with your sister …in your Thomas the Tank Engine underwear.

IMG_0073Driving your car down pink chalk roads in your Thomas the Tank Engine Underwear. 

IMG_0119Your mom craftily trying to teach you your letters.  You go with it because she gave you a buttery english muffin to munch on while you go.

IMG_0287Living the dream on your harley davidson tricycle. 

Happy Three, Boys.

5 comments:

h51773 said...

Happy Birthday to B and E! It doesn't seem possible that they could be 3.

LinKOB said...

What a bunch of three year fun! Love the paper towel trail : ) Fun, cute boys. Happy Birthday Guys, Gramma Loves You!!

kerrlee said...

You're an awesome mom!

scott said...

Your blog post had me at "root beer."

Alison said...

oh my goodness i want their lives! i mean, how much cooler can it get?! And they are getting sooooo old! how can it be?