Everett came first. In the womb he liked bouncing on my bladder. Out of the womb he likes cheerios. He went thru a stage recently where he enjoyed sucking on his top lip, as shown above. He takes it seriously. I think Everett’s favorite color might be yellow. I have little proof other than he seems to grab for yellow toys first when we play ‘group the objects by color.’ And, we’ve all seen him in his yellow Tupperware hat:
Everett sleeps really well, which I enjoy.
So I said that Everett likes cheerios, but he LOVES graham crackers. He giggles when he eats them, and I’ve never heard him yell so loudly as the time I was eating a graham myself and had not offered one to him. It was then I knew.
Aside from grahams, there are few things from which Everett will not be deterred. One is the power button on the computer tower. At random moments he becomes fixed upon it and will drop whatever he is holding and crawls (yes crawls, i haven’t mentioned that I have two crawlers yet) toward it in what can only be described as sheer determination. I have had the computer shut down on me a few times. There is no distracting him once he’s fixed, no amount of relocating will keep him from it - he heads straight back.
Everett laughs readily. It’s one of my favorite things about him. We’ll all just be sitting there hanging out and Brookston will do something and Everett will just start laughing. It’s so endearing.
Everett knows how to relax.

8 comments:
Okay, that picture of Everett on the horse with the tupperware hat is my all time favorite so far... but it really puts a few years on his appearance to see him on the horse and all... balancing like a pro, and so serious about his job. So cute.
Can't wait for Brookston's blurb!
Aww, he's so cute! I love how you see these pictures of babies but then when you see them with an adult in the picture and suddenly their size is put into perspective, you're like, "Wow --that kid is so little!" which you didn't really think about before.
i also love how it looks like he takes his job on the rocking horse pretty seriously.
Everett's eyes are so beautiful!
This little guy is just too cute! I can't wait to see him and his brother again. Won't be long now : )
Love you all!
Eventually I'm going to need to meet these kids... could you move to NM?
Great Post! Loved the pictures and the computer action... Go Everett!
Two crawlers. I feel for you. I really do.
He's so cute! I'm with Metta, the tupperware hat pic is the cutest.
Post a Comment