27 August 2013

Spontaneity

Nick and I have always been a  rather spontaneous pair.  Not a spontaneous pear. There’s a difference there.

Anyway, a few years of marriage and a few kids haven't changed that, so when Nick got home from work at 5 and asked if we should go to the racetrack, I said yes, and off we went. 

IMG_4464

IMG_4465IMG_4469

It’s loud at the racetrack and for some reason the kids didn’t want us to stick squishy neon orange things in their ears, try as we might.IMG_4477

Despite all the glum looking kids in these pictures they did honestly have a good time.IMG_4474IMG_4483

But the boys would have been content to just play at this bounce house and $1,099 playground.

IMG_4463IMG_4467

And Roz content to do some yoga, here pictured in downward dog, on the top most bleacher.IMG_4472


Ah, but the spontaneity isn’t over folks.  On the following weekday a friend asked if I wanted to go to the beach with her and I said yes.  So, all by me onesie I packed up my three wees and set off for the Atlantic coast.  I owe her a big thank you for inspiring this spontaneity, it was a fantastic time. 

IMG_4499

I’d like to note here that the tide really freaked Roz out, which I was cool with because it kept her out of the tide.  The boys were once the same way, but this trip they loved it.  I have similar hopes for Roz.IMG_4493

IMG_4504

We took a short little walk… IMG_4507

…over to an inlet where we played in some tide pools.  Everett attempted to catch fish (can you see those little fish there?).IMG_4519

But all either of the boys caught was seaweed.IMG_4522

Roz didn’t have to worry about the tide crashing in, so she finally got in the water.  IMG_4530

Exploring.IMG_4533

IMG_4537

And once again, Roz-yoga.  Here pictured in a sliding downward dog, on the beach with her head in a tide pool.IMG_4520

And there you have it, folks.  Spontaneity resulting in a race track and a beach.   …and some yoga.

6 comments:

candy's clothes closet said...

Oh how I love the beach! It looks like you guys had a GREAT time:)

Unknown said...

WHERE IS THAT RACE TRACK?!

LBB said...

I LOVE the North Carolina beach! What a fabulous day.

Amy Rose said...

I think Tony Horton is going to recruit Roz if he ever does a child version of p90x.

ladawn said...

AAAAHhhhhh the last days of summer. Glad you had a good time.

Alison said...

Way to be spontaneous! I love love love Roz's downward dog. She does it way better than me! ;)