10 May 2013

Accountability

I’ve noticed accountability helps when it comes to p90x.  That’s why the cool kids and I have a google chat club with high expectations.  We meet every night at the same time and sweat it out for an hour and a half.  My friend Al provides the motivation, Ames provides the encouragement and I provide the whining.  Last night we threw Hannah into the mix and she provided the happy baby.

Here we are, all happy, as we start our Yoga X:

IMG_2985

This picture of Al above gives me tender feelings.  Look at that smile.  Al recently got her own beachbody coach, and I’m pretty jealous.  Her coach has a picture of himself with Tony – I mean, that’s legitimacy.  I’m currently trying to find out if her coach can be my coach.  Oh, and it turns out that Al’s coach went to the same university she did, and he’s Mormon.  Mormons are everywhere, man.

We each live in a different state of the U.S. but a similar state of awesomeness.  Here’s Ames, probably finishing up her three minute fiction while we all chat.  Look at that smile too:  IMG_2986

The following picture makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.  I asked Nick to take a picture of me to prove my stretchiness.  I distinctly remember saying “and we only want flattering pictures.”  Ha ha ha.  Oh, failed that one.

IMG_2989

But here’s my stretchiness.  When I started p90x the first time round I was ‘grabbing at my socks’ as Tony says.  So I’m pretty happy with this instead.  IMG_2990

If you’ve ever thought about doing p90x but aren’t sure about it, I highly recommend it.  But, get a cool kids accountability group going, or you’ll never get it done.  It’s an hour and a half (more or less) each day 6 days a week, and that requires good friends to make you do it and to make it exciting.  See below for example.  Look at those smiles:

IMG_2977

But I have noticed great results.  My first time round I couldn’t even attempt to do a pull up, by the time I finished I could do one.  This time through – the other night I did 5, count them 5, chin ups.  Yeah, it surprised even me.  I kept yelling “Look!  Nick LOOK!  I’m doing it!  I’m doing it again!  What's going ON?”  So, I’m not just putting that up here to brag, I’m putting that here to testify that you get results.  =)  Note: Blogs are for bragging, and that’s why I have one.  I brag.  I’m a bragger. 

If you’re wondering what it’s like, it’s pretty much like this. I actually found this skit on Tony Horton’s facebook page.  Believe it or not, I hadn’t heard about BYU’s divine comedy until I saw this from Tony.  Yeah, I have a lot to thank him for.

And now, I’ll end with my favorite Tony quotes: 

“Don’t stop breathing.  You stop, you die.”  (Thanks, Tony.  Although, I usually am holding my breath at this point and need the reminder)

“Kaw! Kaw! Like a pterodactyl backing out of trouble.”

“Get your little bucket nearby my friends.”

(pointing out  Joe Bovino’s triceps) “Diamonds of Gold.”

4 comments:

Alison said...

Great times!! Great times!! I'm so grateful for you ladies and all the accountability you give me. Love you!

Amy Rose said...

Ha ha ha ha. Awesome. My favorite Tony quotes: "I recommend foot spray." and there's one more that I can't think of right now... something about holding on to your tiny uncle, if you have one.

Amy Rose said...

Also, I meant to say that there is no way you are the "whiny" one. Clearly, your willingness to brag is slightly impeded by your natural modesty, so I'll tell the people how it is. Nicole is "the results". Al and I look at Nicole, and we're like YEAH! That's why we keep doing this, someday we're gonna rock it like Nicole. And that's why we get up every morning, too.

Alison said...

I'm with Amy on this one. I mean Nicole is over there doing the wheel (backbend) with on leg in the air and then next doing the toe lock while standing for like an hour. And I'm over here like, "um I'm just gonna hold onto my knee and hope I can balance for a few seconds." Also congrats again on the pull ups. You rock!!