19 May 2013

these berries don’t happen to look like straws at all

Wednesday was berry pickin’ day.  We left in the morning before it got too hot.

wallerberries

They gave us some cardboard palettes.  We filled them up with (mostly uneaten) strawberries.

wallerberries2

We picked only the best.  The reddest.  The juiciest.

IMG_3020

wallerberries3

We apparently picked some other stuff, too.  We didn’t (I hope) eat these, though.

wallerberries4

For Brookston it was a time of deep introspection.  “Why do they call them strawberries?”

For Nicole it was a time to see how long she could keep white pants clean during a red berry juice adventure.

IMG_3025

For Roz it was a good core workout.

IMG_3031

“But I can’t drink milk through them.  Weird ol’ name for a berry…”

IMG_3032

That’s one happy strainer.

IMG_3034

See what I mean, though?  These are obviously very juicy, red, unstrawlike berries.  Maybe the most unstraw like I’ve ever seen.  But we didn’t let that stand in the way of having a good time.  Well, maybe Brookston was a little perturbed.

3 comments:

ladawn said...

Yummmmm. What good little pickers you have.

Amy Rose said...

I can't believe your strawberries are already ripe. Mine just flowered... I'm going to go crazy on the bunnies if they eat my strawberries. Also, LOVE your white pants, you brave, brave woman you.

Alison said...

Those berries look sooooo good!! Nice work Empeys!