03 April 2013

The Spring Chicken Again

The Spring Chicken was back again this year.    As I said last year: “Have you ever wondered where a big bunny that calls himself ‘Easter’ gets all those chicken eggs?  He gets them from the Spring Chicken.”  In order to entice her to your home you must make an offering of colored eggs, which we did on Sunday.  Are you wondering why the Easter bunny comes to your house and not the Spring Chicken?  I can’t answer that.  Maybe it has to do with faith.

IMG_2430

Notice my fantastically clean and clothed children.  I like to stay on top of things like that.

IMG_2432

Whenever it rains our yard turns into a slurping mud pit.  It’s a grand time if you’re under four.    Nick is wisely staying clear of the mess.

IMG_2439

Here are our eggs soaking  in their nice colored baths.  You’ll notice the empty bowl on the top right, and the crying child in the picture below.  The two are related.  I told him he couldn’t dump out the dye, because then we wouldn’t have anything to color the eggs in. = Meltdown.IMG_2435

Rosalyn was unfazed by the ruckus and continued with her methodical mixing.

IMG_2442

Which one is your favorite?  Mine is the dark blue-green by the light pink one.  Would that more things could be that color.


So after our Easter Sunday, Monday the Spring Chicken finally came.  Nick took the kids on a scenic trip to the local landfill to say goodbye to two failed vacuums, and when they all returned they a found a chalk message leading to a letter which sent them on a scavenger hunt to find their baskets.IMG_2444

IMG_2446IMG_2449

The kids were going pretty fast and therefore I didn’t get the greatest shot of the discovery of the baskets.

IMG_2450

Soon, however the contents were enthusiastically emptied and the egg search had begun.IMG_2454

IMG_2458

IMG_2459IMG_2460

IMG_2463IMG_2472IMG_9837 Compare to last year:

 

 

 

 

 

 


As we came inside and the kids started into their overflowing egg baskets I began to wonder “what was that Spring Chicken thinking – leaving so many eggs full of candy?”IMG_2476

The kids were not wondering the same thing.

IMG_2479

They were trying to ascertain just how many pieces of candy could be consumed in under a minute.

IMG_2484

and oreos…

IMG_2488and cheet-o carrots?

IMG_2495

The Spring Chicken is a Junk food Junkie!  Maybe I’ll write her a letter about health food next year.IMG_2503

Nick moves in to remove some of the temptation from the kids.  He’s helpful guy.

IMG_2505

I mean, really, what had that spring Chicken been thinking?

5 comments:

h51773 said...

Our plan is working... Madelyn is in love with your boys. As I was reading the post she kept pointing to them and asking to see more pictures of them.

Amy Rose said...

I think Roz's bum in the first, I think, picture is too classic. Awesome. Maybe she'll hate you someday, but that's inevitable anyway, right? There was something else I was going to say, but now I don't remember.

LinKOB said...

I think my favorite egg is the dark pink one on the lid. Awesome colors all'round. Fun stuff. Looks like it was a beautiful day for a Spring Chicken visit. Lots of fun going on there : ) Love you all!

LinKOB said...

Oh yeah, you need to give credit to the resident artist - Nick's clue cards are great : )

Maria and Phil said...

Whether your children are clothed or half naked, you and Nick are cool parents! Your 3 little MPs are very lucky to have such fun parents!!