One day at a park I found this amazing branch. It was so unique and interesting that I carried it around with me for an hour or so, made my boys cry when I wouldn’t let them play with it, and lectured Nick firmly that it was not to be thrown out ever, because I was going to use it for something. (Does this sound a bit like my topiary? Yes. I don’t know what it is about dead branches that I just can’t resist.)
Then I had a baby girl, and the dead stick’s purpose was clear: a mobile.
I must admit that I got the idea for it here: but she’s no longer selling, and I can cut felt, so I did it myself.
I also made this no-sew bunting for her room. I just cut the shapes and stapled them onto a golden cord. This ensured that I would actually finish the project. Though I love the results of sewing, I usually loathe the process of sewing. I just make too many mistakes for it to be any fun.
I want to do something fun to that globe, like paint it or decoupage it like this fantastic lady.

3 comments:
it looks so pretty! nice job.
i love the mobile. you are so creative. i never would have thought of that. and finding sticks (or other things in nature) and walking around with them, and taking them home is totally a Nicole thing to do! :)
This comment is a few days late :) but I LOVE the mobile, and the bunting, and all your other creative endeavors!
Post a Comment