12 February 2012

Salt and All-Spice

2012-02-03-12.08.46_thumb

So, we interrupt our regularly scheduled Safari programming to bring you a video. It’s a long one folks, but the length is part of the beauty. This is my best play for keeping the boys quiet and entertained for longer than two minutes. The boys call it “cooking,” and I call it “thank goodness this works.” The good times include a bowl, measuring spoon, funnel, salt dispenser and various empty spice containers.

If you just can’t hack slow stuff and you’re not as into reveling in my kid’s silence as I am, then skip to the middle of the video and there’s a little more action.




2012-02-03 12.09.19Everett

2012-02-03 12.09.51Brookston

Here’s a parting Roz Frost Freeze Frame for you:

roz freeze frame

Bye now. Back to the Safari next time.

7 comments:

Kim Davis said...

Wow. I'm making notes.

I would imagine that a sand box -- a very large sand box -- is in your near future. And a bulk supply of salt and pepper.

Rebecca said...

Wow. I'm so impressed - they're so focused! Dan and I want to know what they're pouring ... sand? Salt and pepper? And we're totally going to try this with Owen - it's brilliant!

ladawn said...

I love the tongue action! Concentration requires that you hold the tongue just right.

ladawn said...

Did Roz just taste the salt or what?

nicole said...

Rebecca -- it's a mixture of salt, pepper, and all spice. It has to taste bad so that they won't try to eat it. =) Mama E -- that's right, Roz tasted it. Poor kid.

Sarah Heaton said...

Is it too dorky to ask what the music is? And this is a great idea for the rainy days. Thanks

nicole said...

Sarah, you dork, it's We and the Sea by Tamba 4. But don't worry, I'm a dork too and couldn't remember who it was and had to look it up on our list thingy.