Sometimes I feel like I’m living life in my head. I’ll remember that I need to send a friend a thank you note. I'll even get so far as to plan out what I’ll say. And then something happens, say, a lob of jell-o soars through the air, and the thank you note is forever trapped in my psyche. Then I’ll see the friend, feel like I’ve thanked them, and then remember that I never actually wrote the note.
I do this with phone calls, emails, bills, laundry, projects, crafts, blog entries, you name it, and I’ve lived it … in my head. You would not believe how productive I am in my head.
This month, I’m going to move out of my head into the real world.

5 comments:
but it's such a happy, more controllable place inside our heads :)
Nicole-
Your thank you note from Kaitlyn's baby gift is still living in my head. So, thank you, 2 years later. Now it is living in cyberspace.
Kim
Soooo glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this. In fact, many many times YOU have been the inspiring thought in my head when I have managed to get something actually done outside of my head. I think about how you would tell me to "Just do it" and then (sometimes) I manage to. So, thanks for being my inspiration.
So, I'm not really becoming senile? It's all in my head and I really did do it?! I didn't forget it, I just did it and it went away : )Love you
Good luck with that move! I hope I can make it someday. :) You stated so well how I feel so often.
Post a Comment