29 July 2010

five pounds of potato salad

Last time I was pregnant I found myself sitting in the parking lot at Sam’s eating potato salad from a huge, monster of a tub with a tortilla chip.  It was exactly what I wanted, and I was happy.  This time was no different.  I remember thinking as I scooped: “Nicole, you know you’re pregnant when…”

roz_foot 7.29.10foot

And like last time, about two and a half pounds of potato salad were eventually thrown out because the wonderful glow of the moment had passed, and it’s just not as good as that time in the parking lot, and really it gives me heartburn to be honest.

 roz_face 7.29.10face

So I’ve moved on to pickles.  You might remember Nick starting a blog entry with a random picture of claussen pickles recently – that was your first hint.  Pickles save better and I have until the 26th of September to polish off the 2.5 quarts in the fridge.

roz_profile 7.29.10profile

All this talk of pickles made me need one.  Now I’m typing with one hand. 

We wanted to wait until we found out the gender to announce our new MP kid to the world.  I am currently 18 weeks along and to those of you who thought they saw a  little baby bump but didn’t say anything: I thank you.  You did the right thing.  And please, don’t tell me if you did think you saw a bump, I don’t want to know…unless I ask you.  Oh, but if you’re totally surprised, please do let me know.  That’s more fun.

So, without further dawdling, we’re expecting a baby girl this January.  woo hoo!

19 comments:

Kim said...

A girl! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Philip said...

Congratulations!!! Ilise knew it. Not because of looks though because we haven't seen you in a long time. One or two days ago we were talking and Ilise said, "I wonder when the Empey's are going to have another. They said they wanted more kids. I bet they'll have another really soon." I didn't think much of it till now. I'm so happy for you guys!!

Celeste said...

Wahoo! Huzzah! I'm surprised, but then again, I don't see you, and I don't equate pickles to pregnancy like maybe I should. But that's awesome news! Congratulations!

Metta said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We can't wait to have more Empey dimples in our ward, and this time - on a little girl! I might be biased, but I think that little girls complete a family. We are so excited for you...

Kayli said...

YAHOOOO!!!! HOORAYYY! That's fantastic!!! I'm so excited!
Pregnancy is awesome for liking food, it's so much better than normal. I often find ramen noodles to be incredibly delicious when I'm pregnant.

kelley said...

Congrats MPs!!! That's awesome. And I totally lol-ed at the image of you sitting in your car downing potato salad. Classic.

LinKOB said...

Well of course Gramma is delighted!! I wanted to say girl - but you know, I didn't want to make you feel any worse if it wasn't. Your prayers are very much listened to and carry some weight! 1st twins and now the girl - way to go : ) Love you guys.

Rebecca said...

Big grins over here for the MP fam. A little girl ... I can't wait to get my hands on her (maybe then I can gie Giovanna a break, haha).

Hugs to you all!

Ilise said...

In addition to Philip's comment...I told Zoe that you were having a baby girl, she smiled and screeched with joy. :D Congrats! We hope to see you during the holidays!

Amy Rose said...

LOVE the image of you in the car, tortilla chip in hand, bucket of potato salad on lap.

AND now I can send you that thing I made and not feel so weird that it's so girlyish. But maybe I'll have to find a way to make it more substantial like I was thinking of doing... Hmm. Or not? Just send it? What say you?

Oh, and uh, CONGRATS.

Kelly Allen said...

congrats! congrats! congrats! Incredibly happy for you!

MJ said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! That's exciting!

JDS said...

Wow Congratulations on #3. I had no inkling of suspension!

Alex and Katie said...

Hey! How cool! You finally get those butterflies!

ashes said...

Yay for more MP babies!!!!! They're the cutest!!! Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

I am so, so, so happy for you!

scott said...

This blog entry was posted the exact day we left from Alaska, so I am only seeing/reading it now, because I have been in a car for the last nine days.

Congratulations! Man! Ashley and I are falling WAY behind! We're back in Indiana now, so hopefully we'll get to see you all soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! twin boys and a girl? 4 makes us feel family, but what about 5? hands full! you are amazing MPs!