07 April 2010

spring occurrences

We’ll begin with flowers blooming:

IMG_5227

And moving right along, a few lady friends of mine came over to make some spring cupcakes.   These are from the book Hello Cupcake! which I recommend.   They are supposed to look like little rabbits jumping into their holes, you can decide if we were successful or not.   I had purchased whipped frosting unknowingly so the grass didn’t turn out so well, but it was fun nonetheless and it’s easier to mess things up if you can eat them anyway.

IMG_5191 

Brookston helped himself to a bunny bum.  Nice job kid.

IMG_5188

 

Another spring occurrence involved Nick sitting in a tree,

IMG_5210 

while the boys had a picnic:

IMG_5208

IMG_5212

IMG_5220

aren’t sticks great?

The boys got a package from a grandmotherly Easter bunny.

IMG_5150

IMG_5161 IMG_5160

Thanks, Grandma!

Playing around in the grass was a regular spring occurrence until I developed some nasty style allergies that resulted in violent and unrelenting sneezing fits.  Some highlights (not of me sneezing – of the boys in the grass)

IMG_5245

IMG_5122 IMG_5116

I love the concentration in this picture:IMG_5133

IMG_4947

and we’ll end with  flowers blooming:

IMG_5275

8 comments:

Kim said...

Really, really like that grandma sent the boys peeps. Or maybe those are for you?

In any case, grandmas rock.

Amy Rose said...

LOVE all the pictures. And I'm trying really hard not to be jealous that it's spring already there. And I'm trying to convince myself that Nebraska is a really nice place to live, and that I don't need to move to NC...

nicole said...

but you DO need to move to NC!

Kim Davis said...

Your kids are so darn cute!! Happy Spring!

Amy Rose said...

I think we might be getting "needs" and "wants" confused. Sigh.

Kelly Allen said...

They are seriously cute! I love little boys and their serious curiosity.

Alison said...

I love spring too. Too bad i dont have two little boys to take photos of in the georgeous weather. :)

LinKOB said...

Nicole - This whole blog is AWESOME! How cute are our boys!? The cupcake crab is geart and all those pics are priceless - thanks for sharing. Love you guys : )