06 June 2009

We have just a quick moment. Here is a marvelous slideshow put together by our good friend Rebecca Mudrick of Darling Art Photography. Not only does this make a priceless gift, but she also gave a lot of her time to help give invaluable coaching during the delivery. We owe her so much.


We're so happy to have our boys with us, to have them healthy, and to be headed home from the hospital today. For those curious souls Everett Burke Empey was born at 2:08 pm, June 3rd, weighing in at 6 lbs 5 oz, followed not-so-closely by Brookston Green Empey born at 10:27 pm, June 3rd, weighing in at 6 lbs 13 oz.

We had lots of great doctors and nurses, and also owe Nick's mother, LaDawn, a great deal as well for driving down from Indiana to be here for the delivery. And also on more thanks to Metta Prieto, who provided child care for Rebecca's monkeys during the night. Metta also took some great photos the day before we went to the hospital. Metta's pictures.

We are sooo appreciative of everyone's prayers and thoughts. We know for a fact that they were answered.

We will write more later with more details, but for now enjoy the slideshow!

14 comments:

ashes said...

You, your boys, your family are BEAUTIFUL! I'm so excited to meet these angels.

Kayli said...

AHHHH!!! Congratulations!!! My internet connection can't handle the slideshow, so put up a few pictures when you get the chance.

YAY!!!

Metta said...

Okay, I cried. Not so much at the baby pictures, but at the pictures with you two holding hands. I know that the rest of your life has changed, but I have a lot of confidence that nothing will ever change the love you have for one another. I really respect your relationship, and love you two tons. Congratulations!

scott said...

Congratulations! They look great!

Kristi said...

it's all so so so wonderful. the boys are BEAUTIFUL and we love love love the names (are the multiple words expressing my emotions enough? i don't think so.) :) we look forward to meeting them and helping in any way we can.
the biggest CONGRATULATIONS we can muster,
the Kubiks

Kim said...

Those boys are soooooo cute!! Congrats! Glad to hear everything went well :)

The Holdaway's said...

Congrats! We miss you in Lafayette and send our love with your 2 new bundles of joy!

Chantel said...

Wow...how beautiful. I love the slide show. I am sorry that you had to work sooo hard to get those little guys here. Ashlynne and I can't wait to meet them.

JDS said...

Many hugs and kisses to you and your 3 boys Nicole (yes, Nick can get a hug too). I loved the slide so, everyone looks happy and heathly! If you need ANYTHING this week let me know!

MJ said...

They are so cute!!!! You two make good babies!!

Love the names, too!

Congratulations!!!!

h51773 said...

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it... it has been tourture the last few days knowing that you have them, but not wanting to bother you. I miss you! I look forward to seeing you at the end of July!!!

Kelly Allen said...

Beautiful! I'm so very happy for you both! I just read Rebecca's blog. Nicole you are amazing. Way to be a true trooper! Seriously, you should be so proud that you could do that. Rebecca did a wonderful job documenting such a special day. It brought me to tears as I was holding my little guy. I'm sure you'll always treasure it!

Amy Rose said...

Those little boys are so lucky Nicole! I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to talk to you.

The Tate Fam said...

Congrats! They are adorable! Glad to hear that everything went well for you! Good luck with two little ones! I'm sure you'll be an excellent mother!