Before I get to the special, here's what blogging looks like @ our place now:
Brookston and I
Okay, and now to the Nick @ Night Special:
Ever since we've been home with the boys Nick has added a new show to his late night line-up. A few nights ago I woke up to Nick sitting up in bed feeling all over in the sheets. I asked him what he was doing, and he replied "I can't find it.""Find what?" I responded.
"The baby" He says matter of factly.
"What do you mean?" I ask, unaware as of yet that he's asleep.
"I... I can't find the baby in the bed."
"What?" (I'm still getting used to this new sleep talking thing)
"The baby that we're feeding -- I can't find him."
Finally I realize I'm viewing the new Nick @ Night special. "Nick, we're not feeding the babies right now."
"I know. Because I can't find it." He says, still searching about, this time he's feeling my arm and shoulder.
I started to laugh, I couldn't help it. This seemed to frustrate him a little, and he continued feeling around the sheets. "Nick, you're asleep. There's not a baby in the bed." He pauses for a moment...
"There's not?"
"No, you're asleep." It took some more convincing and he finally laid back down.
I knew I was seeing a new Nick @ Night special when the next night I again woke to Nick groping at my shoulder. "Nick?" I ask.
"Yeah?" he responds.
"What are you doing?"
"Trying to find the baby, do you have him?"
I start laughing immediately. "No, love, I don't have the baby."
At this point I notice that Nick is tenderly holding his pillow in his arms. As I watch he lays it down on the bed and slowly begins swaddling it in the sheets. I couldn't stop laughing long enough to tell him he was asleep this time. Finally, once I had control of myself, I told him "That's not a baby, Nick. It's your pillow. He stopped for a moment, looking slightly confused. "It's your pillow", I say again, "Just lay your head down on it, Love."
After a moment he did so and asked why I was laughing.
Ahhhh, what an awesome guy.



7 comments:
Too funny! It's too bad you couldn't get it on video :-)
That is so funny! Midnights and early mornings can be so hard on your nerves, it is a good thing he gives you something to laugh about.
LOVE it.
Oh, dear, I'm laughing so hard I'm CRYING!!!
I just have to say that I LOVE that you've shared these great specials with us!! I always tell Isaac about them and we both get a good laugh! What fun! :)
Jeremy did something similar when Liam was one week old. I woke up to him slapping the bed beside me. When I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I'm looking for the baby's bottle." I said, "It's not time to feed him. Lay back down." He obeyed.
Oh...I love Nick @ Night Stories. I really needed that laugh. Thanks!
Post a Comment