15 March 2009

I'm a good slave driver. I'll admit it.

I mentioned earlier that my moms were coming to town and they did. It was an exciting time for me and I put those ladies to work. Here's my mom painting the boy's room and my mama empey sewing one of the many projects I gave them.


I couldn't find any pre-made crib stuff that I truly loved, and since I've made a rule for myself to only buy things that I truly love from here on out (as opposed to anything sort of okay on sale) I decided to make my own crib bedding and such.

After despairing around in the baby section of target, I wandered elsewhere in the store and found a twin bedding set that I loved and some king size sheet sets that were 50% off to match. After doing some math (sitting in the shoe department on my phone calculator) I figured I was getting my fabric at about $1.70 a yard for 300 thread count cotton!

When I say "make my own crib bedding" I should say "have my moms make my crib bedding." They were lifesavers, and I wouldn't have gotten all the things that I wanted to get done, done without them. They helped me paint, make a sofa cover, fitted crib sheets, baby blankets, upholstered storage boxes, curtains, and more. Nick even helped out, he assembled furniture -- two cribs and two book shelves.




Here's my design/inspiration board for the boys room:
the boys room.jpg



I'm still finishing the room up, slowly. I'll post pictures when it's all complete. Thanks so much moms for letting me slave drive you around! And thanks so much to Nick for always letting me try to slave drive him around.

4 comments:

h51773 said...

Way cute... I can't wait to see the finished product (and the babies that go in it). We'll be in NC at the end of July. I thought that we would fly into Greensboro and spend an afternoon helping rock little ones to sleep (this is the only nurturing skill that I have).

Unknown said...

Nicely put together inspiration board! I'd give you an "A" ;)

BTW, Congrats if I haven't already said it!

Kim said...

I can't wait to see the room! I know I only live like 5 miles away, but someday I'll make it over there. Looks great so far!

Amy Rose said...

I love that you put together a "board" of your room... reminds me of watching you do homework... sigh. The good old days!