11 January 2009

Random thoughts

Nick speaking:

We watched "The Importance of Being Earnest" again last night, and I keep finding myself speaking in a British accent not making much sense at all, which can be sometimes amusing, but at the same time can be frustrating for Nicole who has to ask me, "What?" all the time because I speak so fast and nonsensical as to entirely miss the meaning of my sentences sometimes...sometimes.

Long sentences have also been a frequent topic of conversation as Nicole and I make our way through James Talmage's quintessential Jesus the Christ; where every page averages approximately 5-8 sentences each; mostly because he uses semicolons like they were going out of style, which they might have been in the 1940's. I've never read the word discomfiture so frequently in my life either, but I tell you what: am I ever glad I'm not a Pharisee--or Sadducee.

Bebes have also been on our minds, and in one certain case (at frequent times) our bladders as well. We had an appointment with another doctor (we chose to meet with different doctors the first few visits so that we could know them all since you never know who will be in the delivery room when it's time), and he decided since the first doctor had neglected to include pictures of the first ultrasound--or even mention it had been done--to perform another complimentary ultrasound, even though the 20 weeker was the following week. They were lying on top of each other for the first bit, but then one of the floppers decided to turn completely 180 degrees and start kicking the other baby's legs. It was cool. That's all I can say.

3 comments:

Amy Rose said...

So the 20 weeker is this week right? I'm so excited.

I wish I could watch Nick speaking in his accent, and Nicole asking "what"?... it's one of those things I miss about not having you guys around.

Ashley Gower said...

Empeys! I was rather excited to find out about your impending babies. It's good to see you are all doing well. We're hoping to birth one this week, so we'll keep you posted.

-Scott

P.S. - Judging by the Sondre Lerche on your player, would I be safe in assuming you two enjoy "Dan in Real Life" or is it just the music?

nicole said...

We do indeed enjoy dan in real life. We enjoy lines such as, "This corn is like an angel."