27 January 2009

a couple of days ago it snowed, and today I'm writing about it.

We've heard that Chapel Hillians hope for one good snow a year. Last Tuesday it happened. I (Nicole) was pleasantly surprised to see the snow here where I thought I never would. As chance would have it I was up extremely early for my current schedule ( I think it was 7:30) and I took the opportunity to take pictures before anyone had messed up the snow.



I am absolutely in love with the view from our back door, it's so picturesque. I'll admit, I stare out of it quite frequently.


*sigh


As chance would also have it I didn't have the leave the apartment as I thought I was going to have to, so I got to climb back into bed with my lovely Nick Empey and sleep for another few hours. Talk about idyllic.

Once Nick was up and ready I walked him to the bus stop. I love this picture, but pay no attention to the big trash hamming it up. Note: I am NOT calling Nick a trashcan.



When I got back home I realized the lighting in our apartment was the best it's ever been so I took a few shots of our front room. This first one is a little blurry, but I think it captures the overall space the best.


This next one is pretty much the same shot but less blurry. I inherited that aloe plant from my friend Kokoro, and I'd say he's pretty photogenic.


And here's a shot looking toward the front door. I think I need something more hanging by my recycled three ring binder guts key holder thing over by the door.

So you may have noticed that I prefer a monochromatic color scheme at home, which I sometimes wish I could get over. And everything is blue by default. It seems that anything that was ever donated to me is blue, and so my tendency toward harmony thru monochromy (is that a real word?) has resulted in a very blue home. It's soothing I think, but someday I'm going to have red instead.

Bye now!

1 comment:

Amy Rose said...

The blue is lovely. I am so jealous of the view out your back door! That's fabulous... I feel old using the word "lovely". But it does. Maybe it's because it's been blue so long, but I can't picture you in a red house... I'm trying. It's coming to me a little, I remembered when you had the stuff out for Valentine's day that was all red... That would be nice too. :)