06 December 2008

Shamless self-promotion

Nick speaking:  I used to make a habit of promoting myself and my music back in high school and undergrad.  I tried so hard to find little coffee shops in which to play my guitar music.  Once I discovered the realization of rock star was not in the cards, I decided to stop that silly game.  Don't get me wrong, it is still very fun to play.  I get a great deal more pleasure out of learning somebody else's songs than I used to, but there's still a minute here and a minute there that I get the motivation to write something new.  When I do, I pursue it aggressively and usually end up recording it.  When those recordings come to fruition, I post them on my old, but fully functional, website.  Here is the link www.nickempey.da.ru (I've permalinked that to the sidebar).  There are a couple random pictures (that I don't update), downlodable versions of all the songs I've ever recorded, and lyrics to all songs written by me and/or my collaborators.  So far, I'm recognized in 3 continents and 4 countries of which I'm aware, which is kind of fun.

Here's another link I though was cool:  Say thanks to our servicemen.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Rock on!!! I copied your cd from Toby, but it's since been scratched beyond all reason, and I've been meaning to ask y'all about getting another one.

Thanks, guys!

Melissa

Amy Rose said...

I still remember when I heard you play at EFY and thought it was the funniest song ever. I'm glad you're still rockin!