25 June 2015

Sunday in Charleston

Sunday in Charleston started with some pumped hair and bright red lipstick.IMG_4776

We attended church and then headed out for a picnic with the Angel Oak.  But the Angel wasn’t ready for us yet, so with our problem solving skills developed over our collective 120+ years of life we concluded that we could pic-nic on the side of the road.DSCN6427

And so we did.  I like saying picnic by the way.  When I say it fast over and over I find that I, in reality, did pick Nick in my life. I pick Nick every day.   But that is beside the point.  Here we are preparing our leftover taco salad.IMG_4778

When the Angel Oak Tree was finally ready for us we were awed.

IMG_4797

Our awe looked like this:DSCN6441

But we pulled it together and took some pictures of all of us.DSCN6432

Here’s the specs:DSCN6443

DSCN6435

DSCN6444

We drove back to Charleston,IMG_4803

put on some sunscreen,IMG_4809

Did Amy’s yoga challenge pose for the day.

2015-05-03 19.15.21

Well, we attempted it.  Here is some coaching from one who isn’t super-qualified.  I mean, I can’t do that seat of janktification if you can remember that.  2015-05-03 19.15.48

But really, it’s all about effort in life.2015-05-03 19.17.03

We set off for a horse drawn carriage ride.  And when we arrived at the carriage dispatch center, place – I don’t know what you call it -  we took a groupie with a horse.  IMG_4810

This horse.  Isn’t he or she handsome?IMG_4813

And then we got ON the carriage and of course took another groupie.  Al is really skilled at taking these.IMG_4814

And we toured the city.  We don’t have a lot of photos of the city, just awkward ones of us:IMG_4817We were taking in the sights and not photographing them this time.

We arrived back at the station and on our way out were perturbed by this sign:IMG_4824

Until we at last found the beast.  And got a picture with it.  Don’t worry I survived the encounter.  attack chicken

We went and found Rainbow Row.  IMG_4831rainbow row

IMG_4844

IMG_4857

And breathed really deeply as we passed block after block of Jasmine.IMG_4851

Stop and Smell the Jasmine.IMG_4847

Really get your face in it.IMG_4849

Just get your whole being in the Jasmine.2015-05-03 19.47.22

We took a sunset photo with our friend the Atlantic.IMG_4868

We went back to the Inn and sat under this tree and talked for hours.  We covered every topic, laughed, cried, and we’re just really good friends.

tree

1 comment:

Alison said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you posted the next one! Love it! Love us!