07 February 2013

blogging and I…

Blogging and I haven’t been hanging out very much.  I don’t blog and I haven’t been reading blogs.  Why, just today I saw a friend, who is living a fairy tale dream over in the Alps, comment on her new baby.  New BABY!  I mean, I’m missing an entire gestation?

One of the things that stops me is when I don’t get a chance to blog a big event I feel like I can’t move on to something new until I cover it.  So, instead of my eipc gingerbread house that should have been blogged long ago, you get the park, in January, in weather warm enough to wear short sleeves (well, if you’re a 3.5 year old boy – I had a sweater.)

So here we are at the park:

January 2012 036

And this is what it’s like at the park:

January 2012 052

My kids like a challenge, a struggle.January 2012 056

Even Roz, but she’s only two and she made it as far as she could.January 2012 059

I am always really excited when I manage to get all three movers and shakers in the same picture.  They never turn out very majestic but they are telling.January 2012 070

 

January 2012 079

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTE. Wow, sorry.  That popped out.  I guess I am exercising a mother’s prerogative. 

We took a little hike through the empty trees:

January 2012 097January 2012 099

 

I was there.  I was trying to get myself  in the picture with them, but that’s impossible.  So, here you get an awkward smile on a bare face and some trees.  You’ll have to take my word for it that the kids were there too, and that we were all having fun together. 

 

 

 

January 2012 095

January 2012 102

And since I may not be motivated to blog for a while, here’s another hike on a different day.  A day when I didn’t pack warm enough clothes and the hats were too small, and we ate bagels with cream cheese and had a generally good time.

January 2012 116January 2012 119

I intended for these pictures to reflect the epic nature of poking sticks in a small pond, but alas, they are what they are.  You needed to see the big sticks though.January 2012 120

and let’s just …let me show off my valentine décor:  You know, because I can.

January 2012 111

And where we sat beneath said artwork and had valentine cookies.  Cutters generously donated by Grandma. 

January 2012 128

You know, you do less laundry when your kids don’t wear clothes.

January 2012 137

January 2012 138

Eat the frosting first.

Until next time I feel like blogging!

3 comments:

Amy Rose said...

And you are my beautiful, beautiful friend.

You blog just to make my life better, don't you? I know you do.

The picture of you on the hike? That's what made this post perfect. And Roz is sooooooooo cuuuuuuuute.

Actually, I have something for Roz that I bought her two months ago, so I'll just put that in the mail, someday, yes.

Kayli said...

Well, gestations do go quicker these days. It seems. At least, after they're over they seem that way. When you're in the middle of one, just as long as always or longer. Your kids are adorable and I too, wish you could find a way to come over here!

Unknown said...

You have super super cute kids. I am amazed that your boys have already discovered that they can climb on top of the tube slide. My twins didn't discover that until they were...um...nine.