get ready for ramblings:
I secretly have a thing for Japanamation. I guess it’s no longer a secret now. It’s a small thing; I really don’t know much about Japaname, but sometimes it just really makes me happy.
So, this one time I was a little in love with Keane’s Somewhere Only We Know song, and I wanted to see the official music video. I didn’t know much about Keane either. I think I might have had to call my friend Amy and sing parts of the song to her in order to figure out the title and have her tell me who sings it. I don’t know, I can’t remember for certain, but things like that have been known to happen. Ames is a lifesaver in more ways than just knowing songs from only a few notes or words.
Anyway, during my search for Keane’s music video, I came across this before I found the original:
And since I’m telling secrets, I’ll go ahead and tell you that I cried a little bit there at the end. You’ll know the spot when it gets there.
Then I found out it was composed of scenes from Final Fantasy 8, so I read about its story line and got thoroughly confused.
This all occurred, like, 4 years ago.
I was still curious what Keane, the band, thought this song meant, so I finally found their official video here:
Now, you watch both of those videos and tell me which is better.

7 comments:
Japanamation, by far. And what are you doing posting at 11:45 pm?
Yeah. Japanamation for sure. Did you cry at the part when the Forest Gump feather starts falling?
And what's with Keane singing to the creepy creatures? I guess I just don't get artistic vision. Silly British bands.
So awesome. And, you definitely did call and sing to me. I remember it clearly. Call me anytime. :)
Jeremy and I listen to that song all the time. But now I can never listen to it the same way again now that I've seen their video with those weird creatures. What in the world?!
As for which is better, I can't vote. I was actually laughing at the Japanamation instead of crying.
And all this time I thought he was singing to a girl, not some creepy creatures.
I love the Japanamation version. I havent watched the other one yet, but i am a little scared. I rememeber the first time you showed me the video. Ive loved it ever since. :)
FF8 all the way. Fun game if you ever have extra time, own a playstation, and feel like playing it. Just do not try to pay attention to the story line it is messed up like any Final Fantasy story line. I usually just admire the graphics and game play. The Japanese know how to make awesome games!
Post a Comment