25 August 2010

Straight from the bush.

We took the recommendation of a friend and took the boys blueberry picking with friends. 

Everett samples the berries:IMG_0743

They passed inspection and were readily consumed from that point on.IMG_0744

Brookston rather enjoyed roaming up and down the road and putting rocks in his bucket.  We redirected him to the bushes, and he was happy there...for a while.

IMG_0745 IMG_0746

I introduced the boys a loaded bush and they were delighted to pick for themselves.  This was extremely entertaining to me.IMG_0747 IMG_0748 IMG_0749 IMG_0750

Meanwhile, Nick picked berries to save,IMG_0751

and the boys continued to eat. IMG_0752

Some of the crew: IMG_0754

And, though I generally picked berries to give to the boys, these shots below are just to show that I was there.  Berries rarely stayed in my bucket for long (our little lady on the way enjoyed some too – ha ha ha).IMG_0755IMG_0756

If you live in the area and want to go, here’s the link:

http://www.localharvest.org/cedar-grove-blueberry-farm-M17961

5 comments:

LinKOB said...

Let me be the 1st to comment - I love those pics of the boys picking and eating, how much fun! What a great activity. Did you get enough to make muffins or something? Love to ya all : )

Amy Rose said...

at least they didn't end up on the wrong side of the mountain with the momma bear, cuz that would have left you with the baby bear. (and, if you don't know what I'm taking about check out Blueberries for Sal. - One of Hallie's top faves.)

Kim Davis said...

Your boys are so big! And you look so cute! I love the plaid shorts. They look very stylish. :)

Alison said...

Nicole. You look so cute, all pregnant like.

ladawn said...

I'm way behind the times with checking your blog but I have to say--I especially love the "blueberry blue eyes" on those boys. I assume their shirts were disposably because bleuberry stains NEVER come out--right? Were you able to take any blueberries home or were they all eaten? What memories uou are making!