The other night whilst attempting to roll awkwardly from my left side to my right, I found myself in considerable pain. I think it was my stomach trying to separate from my body or something like that, you never know when you're pregnant. I gasped out loud and clutched at my belly and Nick sat straight up in bed. I didn't want him to worry that I was going in to labor so I quickly said "Don't worry, I'm not going into labor, my stomach is just protesting about the position change." Nick, with a gesture of deep concern, reached over and touched my arm lightly and said in a worried voice: "Did you enter all the team names into the database?"
Unlike my good friend Nick, I'm quite alert coming out of sleep and quickly realized that what I was expecting to be sympathy was instead my husband dreaming about Tecmo Superbowl.
Nice.
"You're asleep" I responded, somewhat irritatedly (if it hadn't been Tecmo I might not have been irritated), "go ahead and lay back down, love." Nick did so, and as he rolled away from me I heard him mumble, "Yeah, gotta enter those names."
I certainly hope I
don't go into labor in the middle of the night...
7 comments:
DUDE. That is muchisimo hilarioso.
That is a really sweet picture. Sweet as in "sweet, nice, dainty", not as in "radical", "awesome", "gnarly".
too funny! oh nick!
Funny... I'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one that doesn't make sense in the middle of the night.
Dang, when I first clicked on it, I thought the post was going to be about Nickelodeon's all-star late-night lineup (George Lopez, Home Improvement, the list goes on...).
Nick and his Tecmo!
One time Devin woke me up yelling about the "makers" that were in our bed... I was terrified.
In the morning, he told me he had been dreaming about his soy milk maker. I was not happy.
HA! I remember all too well the waking up every time you have move/roll over/breathe. It's no fun!
Hopefully you'll go into labor during late morning/early afternoon.
Post a Comment