Me @ 35 weeks
I can no longer fit into shoes.
Notice how I never actually made the 34 week update...Ah, well.I can no longer fit into shoes.
Now I'm 36 weeks along, and doing just fine for the most part. At about 34 weeks I was diagnosed with Cholestasis of Pregnancy, which basically means that my gallbladder isn't working as well, thanks to all those hormones and lack of space in my body. The result is a build-up of bile salts in the skin that makes me itch all over. There's also a risk to the babies, and therefore they recommended that if I hadn't gone into labor before week 37 they would induce me.
They put me on a pill to help bind up the bile in my body and send it on out, and wow, what a pill. I don't mean to be a whiner, but I was pretty proud of the way my body had been handling pregnancy -- I'd been feeling great, and this pill finally made me feel truly pregnant. The list of side effects* makes one wonder "who would willingly put that sort of thing in their mouth and swallow?" My body celebrated Memorial Day with my first ever pregnant lady throw up extravaganza accompanied with a nice gastrointestinal (distress) number. A nice way to memorialize the pregnancy, I'd say. My body is so thoughtful.
Anyway, on a happier note, today we went in for our last growth ultrasound and Baby A is estimated at 6lbs 1oz and Baby B is estimated at 6lbs 5oz. Baby B is somewhat transverse, and after a lot of deliberation and thought we decided to schedule a C-section. So, we have a date!
We'll meet our boys this Tuesday, June 2nd sometime around 11:30am!
*Ursodiol 300MG - Common Side Effects: constipation; diarrhea; dry skin; gas; headache; indigestion; metallic taste; muscle or joint pain; nausea; skin rash; stomach pain; swellling; tiredness.


8 comments:
Oh yuck! I am glad you have a date to look forward too after that miserable day! Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you two out!
Wow! It does stink that they have to put you on something to make you feel crummy right at the end after everything was going so well! I'm so excited for you, though!! Your wait is almost over and you can see those beautiful baby boys!! You look SOOO cute as a preggie, by the way!!
Not only do now have a date to look forward to meeting your little dudes, but a date to quit taking the awful medicine! Only a few more days to go!
The side effects on drugs make me crazy sometimes... diarhhea AND constipation? Come on! That's like well I won't write the analogy that came to mind. It involved chocolate.
Yay! For the babies anyway. I can't wait for you to experience that feeling when you have them. I know you probably have gotten all sorts of advice but I'm going to tell you something I'm so glad we did with my c-section. If you can, bring a camera into the operating room. I didn't get to see Leon for over 15 minutes after he was born (because they were cleaning him up and all that). But because we had the camera in there, Kyle took a few photos and then let me see them. I was so glad for that. Good Luck with everything! I'm sending you a package of baby goodies so it should be there sometime next week.
yay! We are excited for you two, or rather four! :)
how THILLING! I can't wait to meet your babies! They're going to be super sweet and mellow and just a joy. And seriously, that pill sounds awful. :)
Oh Congrats!! That's so exciting. You still look so cute pregnant!
Post a Comment