09 November 2008

Who is John Galt?

Nicole speaking: I recently joined a book club and next up on our list is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

My friend sent us all an email announcing our choice and included this quote from Wikipedia:

“….at approximately 645,000 words, the book is one of the longest novels ever written in any European language.”

Yeah, and my copy weighs about ten pounds, so I'm also getting a work out every time I read. Right now I'm on page 71 with 1097 pages to go.

Feel free to join in the fun and take up the challenge with me. I'm always up for a good book discussion.

1 comment:

Amy Rose said...

Hey - i'm going to the library tomorrow to see if they have it. I've been getting pretty excited about reading it. I haven't had a new book to read in a while...